Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie Review
We know you do not want spoilers. This article is not going to expose what will happen in the movie. It is only going to give you enough information to refresh your memory on the prequel, sequel, and other general information about the movie. Godzilla – The King of Monsters was one of the most anticipated films of 2019. However, the release of the film was delayed. The delay was linked to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. However, there is good news. The about to be released Godzilla movie is going to be a sequel to the Godzilla movie that was released in 2014.
For those who are still wondering when Godzilla: The King of Monsters (2019) will be released, the release date has been slated for the last day of May 2019. Thus, on the 31st of May, 2019, all roads will be leading to the cinema to get a grasp of this much-anticipated movie which we believe and hope would not disappoint.
For those who watched the Gareth Edwards directed Godzilla (2014) and can’t seem to remember the storyline or those who did not watch at all and are not looking to watch the 2014 movie before the 2019 movie, the plot of the movie will be summarized here.
A very old alpha predator (Godzilla) was lured to an Island in 1954 with the aim of detonating a nuclear bomb to kill it. However, it was discovered 45 years later that a giant spore hatched, meaning there was an offspring. Sandra and a team are sent by her husband Joe to go and check the reactor.
However, Sandra and her team never came back from checking the reactor as a tremor breach kills then. Joe later attempted to get data 15 years later, but he was caught and kept in a facility alongside his son, Ford. A giant winged insect fatally injures him in the facility but the son survives. The insect nicknamed MUTO was later communicating with a female version that was wingless. Godzilla finally fights the 2 insects and was victorious. Ford also survives the whole incident.
Premise for Godzilla (2019)
The daring efforts by members of crypto-zoological agency monarch as they fight against very big monsters. Godzilla is one of such monsters, colliding against King Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra. The three monsters will be fighting for supremacy and causing a lot of damage that threatens to make man extinct in the process.
You might be wondering if Godzilla: The King of Monsters is going to be the last Godzilla movie to be produced. The answer is no. Godzilla lovers even as they look forward to watching the about to be released version very soon, can also look forward to another sequel to the 2019 movie by the year 2020. You should be ready to see the movie Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) just a year after the production of Godzilla 2.
The cast of the Godzilla 2: The King of Monsters (2019) movie are as follows:
- Doctor Mark Russell, the father of Madison and ex-husband of Emma will be acted by Kyle Candler.
- Doctor Emma Russell, the mother of Madison and ex-wife of Mark will be acted by Vera Farmiga
- Madison Russell will be acted by Alexandra Rabe
- Doctor Rick Stanton will be acted by Bradley Whitford
- Doctor Vivienne Graham will be acted by Sally Hawkins
- Col Alan Jonah will be acted by Charles Dance
- Doctor Sam Coleman will be acted by Thomas Middleditch
- Col Diane Foster will be acted by Aisha Hinds
- Jackson Barnes will be acted by O’Shea Jackson Junior
- Adm Willian Stenz will be acted by David Strathairn
- Doctor Ishiro Serizawa will be acted by Ken Watanabe
- Doctor Ling and Doctor Ilene Chen will be acted by Zhang Ziyi
Other casts for the movie include Richard Dorton, Alan Maxson, Jason Liles, Randy Havens, Jonathan Howard, Elizabeth Ludlow, Anthony Ramos, CCH Pounder, and Joe Morton.
The details for the production crew are listed below:
- Creature and Effects Designer – Tom Woodruff Junior
- VFX Supervisor – Guillaume Rocheron
- Costume Designer – Louise Mingenbach
- Production Designer – Scott Chambliss
- Co-producer – Jay Ashenfelter
- Co-producer – Alexandra Mendes
- Executive Producer – Kenji Okuhira
- Posthumous Executive Producer – Yoshimitsu Banno
- Executive Producer – Roy Lee
- Executive Producer – Dan Lin
- Executive Producer – Barry H Waldman
- Executive Producer, co-writer – Zach Shields
- Co-writer, Director – Michael Dougherty
Predicting How Successful the Acceptance Will Be
The year 2019 has been a major year for movies, considering that some of the most anticipated films have already been released earlier in the year, with some of them setting records in the cinema. We might not be expecting Godzilla to quickly break few of those records, considering some of those movies are series that have garnered wide followership over time. However, Godzilla is a movie that has been acted and reacted over the years, with the first of the movies being released in the 1950s.
For the current set of movies, the first part was released in 1998. Godzilla already has a significant number of fans all over the world. It is expected that these fans and new intending Godzilla fans will troop out massively to watch the movie. Thus, we are counting on every Godzilla fan to make the premier and the overall cinema appearance of the movie to be among the most successful for 2019.
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie Review
See what critics are saying about the Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie:
Also Read :
From the time that was invested in the production of the movie, the postponement of the movie production date and the followership of Godzilla, it is expected that the film will have a nice cinema showing. This is further reiterated by several successful cinema outing of movies so far in the year and it is not even mid-year yet.
It is believed that 2019 will be a great year for movies that movie lovers will not forget in a hurry. Godzilla is going to contribute its quota in achieving that status for the year. It is expected that the movie will promise a lot of fun and probably be even more interesting than the previous versions.