Mark Hamill net worth in 2020 is estimated to be $20 million. Mark Hamill is an American actor, who received a lot of positive reputation for his performance in the Star Wars movie series. He was born in California in 1951. He completed his education at the Los Angeles City College, where he learned the basics of drama. Soon after, he got the opportunity to cast in the Space Opera movie Star Wars. The film became a huge success, both critically and commercially. As a result, Mark Hamill became a world-famous actor. Mark Hamill height is 1.75 m.
Mark Hamill went to Los Angeles City College. Due to the family commitments, he migrated to Japan and that’s where he obtained his graduation. Soon after graduation, he moved back to the United States.
Mark Hamill was born to a family of three. Mark Hamill is married to Marilou York. He got married back in 1978. He has two sons, named Griffin and Nathan, along with a daughter, named Chelsea.
Filmography/ TV Shows/ Career
Mark Hamill appeared in The Bill Cosby Show TV series in 1970. On the next year, he was able to take part in two TV series, titled as Cannon and The Partridge Family. He got the opportunity to perform in many other TV series in the next few years, but all of them were small roles. However, he got the opportunity to play a lead role in 1976, for the drama named Eight is Enough.
Star Wars series is one of the most significant milestones in the career of Mark Hamill. He got the opportunity to cast himself in the Star Wars with Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher in 1977. It became a hit in every corner of the world soon after the release. This contributed a lot towards the popularity of Mark Hamill as well. As a result, Mark Hamill was able to become a world-famous actor overnight. He was seen in the next two Star Wars series, including The Empire Strokes Back in 1980 and Return of the Jedi in 1983. They further contributed towards the popularity of Mark Hamill. As a result, Mark Hamill was able to earn fame, which he could keep with him for decades. You can even witness that popularity.
The post Star Wars life was not too much of a successful one for Mark Hamill. He worked on a few movies, but they didn’t become popular. As a result, Mark Hamill started working on animated movies. Some of the animated movies where Mark Hamill contributed include Superman, Batman: The Animated Series, and The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest.
After achieving more than 250 different roles under the name, Mark Hamill came back to the Star Wars series in 2014. In fact, he got the opportunity to star himself in the new trilogy named as Star Wars: The Force Awakens with Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver. The movie was able to break box office records in earnings and helped Mark Hamill to boost his popularity like never before.
With that popularity, Mark Hamill appeared in the Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie, which was released in 2017. He was able to make a strong comeback with this movie.
Mark Hamill Net Worth in 2020
As of 2020, Mark Hamill Net Worth is estimated at $20 million. He was able to earn most of his net worth through the success that he achieved from the Star Wars series. In fact, the 5 Star Wars movies were able to make a combined amount of over $5 billion. It clearly shows how Mark Hamill was able to become such a successful star.
Some Unknown Facts About Mark Hamill
- The father of Mark Hamill is Scottish, whereas his mother is Swedish.
- Mark Hamill reprised the role of The Joker in the Batman movie, titled Batman: Mask of Phantasm.
- Mark Hamill has more than 250 titles under him for the roles that he played.
- Throughout the career, Mark Hamill has worked in a few TV shows as well. Trollhunters, Ultimate Spiderman and Metalocalype are to name a few.
- Apart from the appearance in Star Wars, Mark Hamill was able to earn a lot of positive reputation for voicing Joker. The animated series Batman was produced between 1992 to 1994 and the director noticed that he had the most ideal voice for the role of Joker. As a result, he was awarded with the opportunity. The series received many positive responses. It was able to win four different Emmy awards as well. Still, many people consider it as one of the best-animated TV shows produced. The contribution of Mark Hamill helped a lot towards the success of the animated movie. With that success, he played the role of Joker in few other Batman animated movies as well.
- Mark Hamill is one of the outspoken members of the Democratic Party. This made him a popular political figure. During the 2012 Presidential Elections, he became extremely popular because he called the candidate Mitt Romney as a snake oil salesman. On the other hand, he is actively criticizing the current President of the United States, Donald Trump. He uses the voice of Joker to criticize him. If you take a look at his Twitter profile, you will be able to see how he has criticized the President.
- Mark Hamill once helped a Zombie Apocalypse as well. If you want to see how he has done it, all you have to do is to go ahead and purchase the audiobook named World War Z. It has received many mixed reviews as well.
- Mark Hamill is a strong contributor towards the world of comics. In fact, the world of comics would be much different without the contributions of Mark Hamill. He started contributing to comics with The Black Pearl, which is a five-part novel. It was released in 1996. Since then, he came up with many other comic books. All of them become popular due to his unique style as well.
Also Read: Star Wars Upcoming Movies With Release Date
Mark Hamill Wiki / Bio – Quick Facts
- Real Name/ Full name: Mark Richard Hamill
- Age (as in 2020): 68 years
- Birth Date/ Birthday : 25 September 1951
- Nickname: Mark
- Hometown: Oakland, California, U.S.
- Nationality : American
- Father Name: William Thomas Hamill
- Mother Name: Virginia Suzanne Hamill
- Wife: Marilou York (m. 1978)
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Libra
- Body Measurements: Chest: NA, Waist: NA, Biceps: NA
- Height: 175 cm or 5 feet 9 inches or 1.75 m
- Weight: almost 78 kgs or 172 lbs
- Hair color: Whiteness
- Eye Colour: Blue
- Net Worth in 2020 (Approx): $20 million
- Social Links: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
What do you think about Mark Hamill net worth, movies? Leave a comment below.