Alicia Keys net worth in 2020 is estimated at $100 million. Alicia J. Augello-Cook popularly known as Alicia Keys was born in 1981 of a Paralegal mother and a flight attendant father in New York. Anyone who has watched Alicia Keys videos, know that she is mostly singing while playing her piano. Her piano prowess began at age 7 and by 16 years, she was graduating at the Professional Performance Arts School after excelling in Piano and Choir which she majored in.
Unlike most 21st century artists, her videos rarely have nude girls and six pack men, but just some decent starry-eyed Alicia in love with a hunk man. Her songs also lack sexual innuendos like most other artists, in fact, she identifies with the more mature generation.
She signed a deal With Clive Davis after school, who was a recording producer at Arista. Clive later left Arista to start J Records, and Alicia followed him. She had just received a full scholarship at Columbia University, which she only attended for four weeks before quitting, to devote herself to music. Unlike most contemporary musicians, Alicia actually composes and writes her own songs. She doesn’t work with ghostwriters like most leading artists.
- Full Name/ Real Name: Alicia Augello Cook
- Age (As in 2020): 39 years
- Birth Date/ Birthday : January 25, 1981
- Nickname: Lellow
- Hometown: New York, U.S.
- Nationality : American
- Father Name: Craig Cook
- Mother Name: Terria Joseph
- Husband: Swizz Beatz (m. 2010)
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Aquarius
- Body Measurements: 34-26-38 inches
- Waist Size – 34 inches
- Hip Size – 38 inches
- Bra size – 32B
- Height: 168 cm or 5 feet 6 inches or 1.68 m
- Weight: almost 57 kgs or 126 lbs
- Hair color: Dark Brown
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Net Worth in 2020 (Approx): $100 million
- Social Links: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Myspace
Alicia Keys first debut was with Clive Davis in 2001, who orchestrated several TV interviews to hype the song, prior to its release. In fact, a day to the song hitting the shelves, she had an interview with Oprah Winfrey. When the song got released, it became an instant hit and won platinum five times and five straight Grammy Awards. Her career jump started.
In 2003, she released Diary of Alicia Keys which was also a huge success that brought her more Grammy Awards. She was unstoppable until 2007 when she again released As I Am which debuted at number 1, selling more than 740,000 copies in the first week. This brought her two more Grammy awards. She became a well sort after and started doing collaborations with other singers like Usher Raymond, My Boo was a huge hit by the two.
The Element of Freedom was a drawback compared to her other albums which debuted at number 1. This one only made her 60 in the billboard 200. While this was a bump to her career, she went back to the drawing board, lit her musical fire once again and released Girl On Fire in 2012 which was fire. She debuted at number 1 and won a Grammy in 2014.
- Grammy; Sophomore Best Female R&B Vocal Performance.
- Best R&B Song.
- Best R&B Album.
- Best R&B Performance by a Group on the song “My Boo.”
- Grammy for Best R&B Album in 2014 Girl on Fire.
If you love scandals then Alicia Keys love life may be as dull as dishwater. No string of exes or scandals. Just one famous ex Kerry Brothers Jr which end in 2008.
Alicia Keys Husband
she started dating her now husband Swiz Beatz. The talented rapper and Hip Hop producer had met earlier when the two were teenagers but only got into a relationship later.
They got engaged in 2010 where they announced that they were expecting their first son, Egypt. They got married in a private ceremony near the Mediterranean Sea. Their second son was named Genesis. They have three children, as Swizz had a son from a former relationship.
Alicia has received accolades from Human Rights Groups like Amnesty International for her Social Justice movements. She has a way of blending music and art to fight for human rights.
- She founded the Child Alive movement to help children affected by HIV in Africa and India.
- Her most popular movement was, of course, the No Make Up movement, which was very brave considering that Alicia Keys does not have very good skin. She even went Au naturel at a top award.
- This No Make Up movement was inspired by her 2016 video, which she shot without makeup. She wrote a long essay about wanting to “Uncover” claiming she had censored herself to scary levels, that she felt like she no longer knew herself. She was trying to find herself. True to her sentiments, Alicia looked very different without makeup. Her skin is far from perfect. Keys, however, says this movement has nothing to do with having no makeup or having makeup on, it has everything to do with understanding who you are. She says she can wear makeup whenever she feels like it, she just doesn’t want to feel pressured to do it due to societal expectations. Suddenly it was a movement, as several women went without makeup.
- Keys says she got tired of conforming as a woman. A beautiful woman had to look a certain way, dress a certain way, have makeup on, not be too thick. Exasperated, she says she got tired of conforming and had to find her own identity, not defined by society.
- The Me Too movement is also something that raged Alicia. Adding spanner to the wax, she said that she was proud of the women who had finally found their voices to speak out about sexual harassment. She was also indignant that it was still more of boardroom discussions instead of kicking ass.
Alicia thanked her mother for giving her a voice. She says it was very difficult to argue her facts with her mother if she had no facts.
Alicia Keys Net Worth in 2020
As of 2020, Alicia Keys net worth is estimated to be $100 million. The net worth of Alicia Keys include her earning from songs, own business, partnerships with various brands and earnings from her social media accounts.
Alicia is the embodiment of philanthropy, beauty, talent, and brains all under one roof. She is definitely a good choice of role model for those who prefer a celebrity with a clean record in terms of academics, relationships, and career.
What do you think about Alicia Keys net worth? Leave a comment below.