James Franco is an American actor, college instructor, and film-maker. Born on April 19, 1978, in Palo Alto, California, U.S, James Edward Franco has the net worth of $20 million.
James Franco height is 5′ 10″ (179 cm). He weighs about 168 lbs or 76 Kg. His chest size is 42 inches, Waist size is 32 inches, and biceps size is 14 inches. His hair and eyes color is Dark Brown. James Franco net worth in 2019 is $20 million.
James Franco Family
James Franco father, Douglas Eugene Franco is a businessman who ran a Silicon Valley business while his mother, Betsy Lou is a writer and she acts as well. His father has a Swedish-Portuguese descend and his mother is Jewish and has Russian ancestry. He has two brothers, Dave and Tom. They are reported to have grown up in a secular household.
James Franco Education
He attended the local Palo Alto High School and graduated from there in 1996. In high school, he used to act in plays so he acquired theatrical education in 1998 while attending CSSSA. He got accepted at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles). He only studied there for one year and started taking acting classes after.
He re-enrolled in the university and after graduating and getting his degree in English, he attended four more colleges. These included Brooklyn College, Columbia University, New York University and Warren Wilson College. He enrolled at Yale University for a Ph.D. in English at the age of thirty-two. He also has been teaching at the UCLA since 2012.
James Franco Filmography/ Career
He performed in schools and such but his first role for which he got paid, was a Pizza Hut commercial. Later he was offered a few guest roles which he did but his breakthrough is considered to be in 1999 when he got the lead role in Freaks and Geeks. This NBC television series was well reviewed but had suffered from lack of audience. Due to this, it got canceled after its 18 episodes had been released. He made his movie debut in Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore. In 2000, he played the role of a jock in Whatever It Takes.
Later next year, he was cast in the biographical telefilm James Dean in 2001, which was directed by Mark Rydell. He reportedly studied James Dean and learned to ride a bicycle and smoked cigarettes in order to get the character right. He got nominations for Emmy Awards and won a Golden Globe Award for the role.
Franco became an international sensation with his performance in Spider-Man with Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst in 2002. In the superhero comic film, he portrayed the villain Harry Osborn. The movie proved to be a high-grossing work and made about $114 during the initial weeks of its release. In the same year, 2002, he starred in Nicolas Cage’s movie Sonny in which he played the lead role of a male prostitute. The work was criticized by reviewers and met with a lot of harsh reviews.
He played in a ballet movie alongside Neve Campbell titled The Company in 2003. He reappeared in the Spider-Man sequel due to the success of the first one in Spider-Man 2 in 2004 and achieved the position of the second highest grossing movie of the year 2004. In 2007, he played the villain in Spider-Man 3. He played the legendary lead role of Tristan in Tristan & Isolde in 2006.
He featured in the famous comedy Pineapple Express in 2008 where he co-starred with Seth Rogen who was a co-writer of the movie. Also in 2008, he starred in Milk with Sean Penn, Josh Brolin. By 2010 he was working in a comedy sitcom 30 Rock. In 2015, Franco appeared in a series 11.22.63. This Hulu series was based on the Stephen King novel.
James Franco Personal Life
Franco was brought up in a very secular environment, but he has said that he considers himself Jewish. Therefore, he had his Bar Mitzvah ceremony (a Jewish ceremony) in 2015.
He also does not specify his sexuality and because of his several gay roles and support he shows towards the community, he is usually considered gay, but to him, it “doesn’t matter”. Despite this, he has been targeted by many women of harassment. Even one of his former girlfriend accused him of forcing her. A seventeen-year-old also accused him to which he admitted. Some of the female students and one co-worker have also shown concern regarding his behavior.
James Franco Net Worth
James Franco net worth is estimated at $20 million. The net worth of James Franco includes remuneration from movies, modeling jobs, and brand endorsements.
Interesting Facts About James Franco
When he was seventeen, his parents refused to support his financial needs so he had to work at McDonald’s. He was a vegetarian before a year, but that had changed!
- While working there, he used to try different accents on different people to practice them.
- He takes roles very seriously. For the role of James Dean, he started to smoke two packs of cigarettes every day. He would not talk or meet with any of his friends, and whenever he was off-set, he’d start watching James Dean. Similarly, for his character in Sonny, he met with different male prostitutes to understand them.
- He was actually being considered to be THE Spiderman, but instead ended up playing Harry Osborn and Peter Parker’s friend.
- He is a fan of the novel series Twilight by Stephanie Meyers and loves to read them.
- Due to the filming of 127 hours, he had to skip 12 out of 14 sessions of a ‘Directing the Actor’ program and ended up getting a D grade on it.
- He is a Ph.D. student in English currently, and with his former degrees included he has a total of seven degrees. He says he loves going to classes and keeps up studying because of his love of being around people with similar interest.
- Franco cares for arts, and therefore besides acting, he has always enjoyed painting as well.
- James Franco is the eldest of his brothers.
- He and his co-star, Marla Sokoloff met during the filming of Whatever It Takes and began dating. They dated for five years.
- At his high school, Palo Alto High School, he was famous for being a rebel.
- The only movie where the three brothers are in together is The Disaster Artist.
- Franco was given his fame star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame on March 2013.