Rohit Sharma Wiki/ Biography
Rohit Gurunath Sharma was born on 30th April 1987 in Nagpur, India but spent his early childhood in Mumbai. He is a top-order batsman in the International Indian Cricket team. He is currently the vice-captain of the cricket team. He generally plays in the opening but has also played in middle order depending on the situation. He is a hard-hitting batsman but also bowls sometimes. Rohit Sharma net worth in 2019 is $20 million.
Rohit Sharma height is 5ft. 8 inches and weighs 72 kgs. He has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Rohit Sharma holds the World record for scoring the highest runs in a single ODI match. He reached a massive 264 runs in 2014 against Sri Lanka. Sharma came under the limelight in 2006 during the under-19 world cup where he scored 205 runs in the tournament. He also won the man of the match award in one of the matches against Sri Lanka.
His international debut was in Ireland in 2007 when he batted against South Africa. He did not do very good and scored only 8 runs. But in his T20 batting debut against South Africa, he scored a half-century and was awarded man of the match as well.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 32 years
- Hometown: Nagpur
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Hair color: Black
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: chest – 40 inches; Waist – 31 inches; Biceps – 12 inches
- Height: 173 cm or 5′ 8″ inches or 1.73 m
- Weight: almost 72 kgs or 159 lbs
- Nickname: Hitman, Shaana, Ro
- Jersey Number: 45
- International Debut: ODI debut – 23 June 2007 v Ireland; Test debut – 6 November 2013 v West Indies; T20 debut – 19 September 2007 v England
- Net Worth(Approx): $20 million
- Salary: Retainer Fee – ₹1 crore; IPL Fee – ₹15 crore; Test Fee – ₹15 lakh; ODI Fee – ₹6 lakh; T20 Fee – ₹3 lakh
Rohit completed the 12th standard qualifications from Mumbai. He studied in Swami “Vivekanand International School” as well as “Our lady of Vailankanni High school,” both of which were located in Mumbai. He got into cricket when he was young and decided to pursue it as a career which is why he discontinued his education.
Rohit is the son of Gurunath Sharma & Purnima Sharma. He also has a younger brother named Vishal Sharma. Rohit Sharma enjoys watching movies and traveling with his family.
Rohit Sharma House, Cars & Bikes Collection
Rohit Sharma lives Ahuja Towers Mumbai. He owns several exotic cars such as Porsche Panamera and BMW M5. He also has a Skoda Laura in the collection. Also included in the fleet are many Mercedes Benz and Audi models.
Rohit Sharma made his domestic debut in 2005 where he managed to score a massive 142 against Udaipur. This performance quickly got him under the limelight.
In 2007, he was included in the international team. He made his debut in Ireland. Despite a slow ODI start, he performed exceptionally in the T20 tournament that every year. He was awarded man of the match against South Africa as well.
In 2007, he was also selected for the Australian Commonwealth bank series where he shone by scoring two half-centuries.
His performance went a little down-hill in 2009, and he was made to sit out in the tour of Bangladesh. In 2010, he played well against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka but performed poorly against South Africa. Due to this, he was not included in the squad for the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
Soon after that in the same year, he was back with a bang. He scored two half-centuries against West Indies. He was responsible for driving India to victory in one of the matches and received the man of the match award for it.
In 2013 Champion’s Trophy, he set the new World record for hitting the maximum number of sixes in an ODI. He hit a colossal 16 sixes in that innings. He also made his test debut in 2013 where he scored two back to back centuries. It made him the third Indian batsman to do that.
In 2014, Rohit Sharma made three records while batting against Sri Lanka. He scored 264 runs which were the highest ever in an ODI and the first ever 250 in an ODI by a single player.
As far as IPL is concerned, Rohit Sharma opened in 2008, playing for Deccan Chargers. In 2011, he was bought by Mumbai Indians. He was made the captain, and he brought the team three trophies in 2011, 2015 and 2017.
Rohit Sharma Net Worth
Rohit Sharma earns a lot from his endorsements. Rohit Sharma net worth is estimated around $20 million and is expected to grow by more than 30%. He approximately earns $3.5 million a year.
Rohit Sharma Wife
Rohit Sharma is married to Ritika Sajdah. They dated for six years and finally tied the knot in 2015. She used to be his sports manager.
Some Unknown and Interesting Facts about Rohit Sharma
Here are some unknown and interesting facts about Rohit Sharma that all his fans should and want to know about him:
- Rohit is fluent in 4 languages that are Marathi, Telugu, English, and Hindi.
- He is the World record holder for the highest runs in a single ODI.
- He started his cricket career as a spinner and later realized his potential as a batsman.
- He loves eggs, despite being a vegetarian.
- He received a scholarship based on his cricket games in school.
- He used to bunk classes to go to meet Virender Sehwag.
- He loves soccer and is a big fan of Manchester United.
- He is also called the “hitman” because of his amazing batting skills.
- His mother did not initially support him in his pursuit of a career in cricket.
- His father lost his job at an early age, so Rohit had to support his family financially.
- He loves sleeping and takes very long naps.
- He used to play for Indian Oil before he was selected for the international team.
- He scored a hat-trick in IPL, despite being a batsman.
- He hit 33 fours in a single innings against Sri Lanka, which is a record.
- In that same match, Rohit scored 264 runs. Sri Lanka only managed to score 251 runs. That means that Rohit Sharma’s total was more than the entire Sri Lankan team combined.
- He scored the most number of sixes in 2017 with a total of 66.