Ross Taylor Wiki/ Biography
Luteru Ross Poutoa Lote Taylor also called “Rosco” is a batsman who plays for the New Zealand cricket team. Ross Taylor was born on 8th March 1984 in Wellington. Ross Taylor age is 35 years. He is considered as one of the best batsmen ever to play in the New Zealand cricket team. He recently became the first-ever player from New Zealand to score 20 centuries. He achieved this on 8th January 2019. Ross Taylor net worth in 2019 is $13 million.
Ross Taylor height is 6ft and weighs around 70kgs. He has dark brown eyes with light brown hair.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 35 years
- Hometown: Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Pisces
- Hair color: Light Brown
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: chest – 40 inches; Waist – 30 inches; Biceps – 14 inches
- Height: 183 cm or 6′ ft or 1.83 m
- Weight: almost 70 kgs or 154 lbs
- Nickname: Rosco, The Pallekele Plunderer
- Jersey Number: 3
- International Debut: ODI debut – 1 March 2006 v West Indies; Test debut – 8 November 2007 v South Africa; T20 debut – 22 December 2006 v Sri Lanka
- Net Worth(Approx): $13 million
- Salary: NA
Ross Taylor went through his schooling from Palmerston North Boys’ High School. After that, he joined Wairarapa College from where he completed a graduate degree. He discontinued studies after graduating and decided to pursue his cricket career full-time.
Ross Taylor’s father’s name is Neil Taylor. His mother was Samoa, making Ross partly Samoan as well. Ross is married to Victoria Jayne Brown who is also a cricket player. They have 3 children, a daughter Mackenzie and two sons.
House, Cars and Bikes Collection
Ross Taylor is not very fond of bikes. Ross Taylor car collection is unknown, but he is rumored to own a range rover, a Rolls Royce Phantom and a BMW X5. He loves luxury cars, which explains his choice of cars very well.
Ross Taylor Career
Ross Taylor started out by playing in the under-19 New Zealand team where he was the Captain. Ross Taylor made his debut in 2003-2004. He performed higher than any other batsman, and his performance made Royal Challengers Bangalore buy him in 2008. In 2011, he was bought by Rajasthan Royals. The following year, he left Rajasthan Royals to join the Delhi Daredevils in 2012.
Ross Taylor made his international ODI debut in 2006 against West Indies. He did not do very well in that much or the overall start of his career. He did manage to score 128 runs in one match, but overall he performed average at the start of his career.
He also made his T20 debut in 2006 against Sri Lanka in which he only scored 21 runs. He also scored the same in his first ever test match which was against South Africa.
When he played in 2006, he became the second player in the team ever to be part Samoan. He scored his first ODI century in 2006 against Sri Lanka. He scored his second century playing against Australia in 2007. He got a total of 117 runs which at the time was the second highest score by a New Zealand player against Australia. His maiden test century happened in 2008 against England. He also remained not-out at 154 runs against England which was his career’s highest score. His third and fourth centuries were both against India in which he scored 151 and 107 runs respectively.
Taylor’s first ODI match as captain of the team took place in 2010 against Australia. Taylor performed very well and became the top scorer of the match. New Zealand also won the game by two wickets. Taylor received the man of the match award as well for his amazing performance.
During the 2011 ICC World Cup, Taylor scored his highest ODI runs. He reached 131 runs against Pakistan. This also took New Zealand to a final score of 302 which is the highest by the team against Pakistan in ODI ever. That day was Taylor’s birthday as well which put him alongside 3 other players to have made a century on their birthdays.
Taylor also made the fastest ever century by a New Zealander in a test match in 2010. Playing against Australia, he managed to score a hundred runs in only 81 balls. In 2017, Taylor scored his 17th century while playing against South Africa. By doing so, he broke the record of Nathan Astle of the highest number of centuries scored by a New Zealander.
Over the years, Taylor has played for many clubs including Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils, Pune Warriors and Royal Challengers Bangalore. He also played for Durham and Sussex.
Ross Taylor Net Worth
Ross Taylor net worth is estimated around $13 million.
Ross Taylor Affairs/ Girlfriends
Ross Taylor had an affair with Diana and have a great chemistry between them. He happily married to Victoria Jayne Brown. They live happily with each other and with their 3 children.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts about Ross Taylor
Ross Taylor has some interesting facts and records to his name. Here are some of them:
- Ross Taylor has scored centuries against all test playing teams in ODI. This makes him the first New Zealander to do so.
- He is one of 4 people to have scored a century on their birthday.
- He is part Samoan on his mother’s side. He is also the second player ever of Samoan descent to play for the New Zealand cricket team.
- He used to play a lot of hockey before he became a professional cricketer. This is why he is so good at the sweep shot.
- After he scored his first ODI century against Sri Lanka, he became extremely dehydrated and had to be taken to the hospital.
- The first time he played as captain was actually because the then captain Vettori had to sit out the match due to a neck problem. Ross played very well and received the man of the match award and gave away all his winnings to charity. New Zealand won that match as well.
- Taylor mentioned in an interview that as a child, he wanted to be a farmer.
- Whenever he scores a century, he celebrates by sticking out his tongue. He says his children love it
- He was the first Samoan the be captain of the New Zealand team.
- When he scored his first double century, he became the first person of Samoan descent to achieve this.
- He got the nickname of Pallekele Plunderer because of his amazing performance against Pakistan in 2011 World Cup.
- His favorite food is fried chicken.