Babar Azam Wiki/ Biography
Babar Azam is a professional cricketer who plays for the national team of Pakistan as a batsman and bowler. Born on 15th October 1994 he has achieved the honor of holding many records and milestones at a very young age of 24. Babar Azam height is 1.8 m or 5′ 11″ inches. Babar Azam net worth in 2019 is about $3.1 million.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 24 years
- Hometown: Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Libra
- Hair color: Black
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Body Measurements: chest – 42 inches; Waist – 32 inches; Biceps – 13 inches
- Height: 180 cm or 5′ 11″ inches or 1.8 m
- Weight: almost 65 kgs
- Nickname: Babar
- Jersey Number: 56
- International Debut: ODI debut – 31 May 2015 v Zimbabwe; Test debut – 13 October 2016 v West Indies; T20 debut – 7 September 2016 v England
- Net Worth(Approx): $3.1 million
- Salary: NA
Babar Azam was born in the city of Lahore and was also brought up there. He belongs to a family that has a famous cricketing background. He is the first cousin to three of very popular and prolific professional cricketers who play for Pakistan; Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, and Adnan Akmal.
There is not much information about his education. He was brought up in Lahore, so it is only assumed that his basic education is from Lahore. He started playing cricket at a very young and has been a part of a cricket team at a domestic level since the age of 15.
Babar Azam Career
Babar Azam career had said to be started in 2008 when he became a part of the under 15 world championship for Pakistan. He continued playing for all the age group through the years and was even a part of the under-19 world championship team for Pakistan in 2012.
He debuted in his one-day international career in 2015 when he was selected as a player in the Pakistani ODI team. He played in the third ODI against Zimbabwe where he scored a fifty. His debut gained him much popularity, and in result, he was also selected for the next ODI series against Sri Lanka as well as the test matches. However, his performance during the ODI declined, and he could not even score fifty runs in two matches combined. After being dropped off by the selectors for the Test series, he was selected again in the one day international against England which was a home series. He performed impressively, scoring high without being out and his team in becoming victorious.
In one of the following matches, he was able to score a 50 again. In the year of 2016, he was joining the ODI squad again against New Zealand while touring. He was able to score some really high runs in the matches, and even Pakistan could not win the series, the cricket critics highly appreciated Babar Azam performance as he had become the leading scorer of the one-day international series.
In the same year, he debuted for his T20 career as well by playing the Twenty20 International for Pakistan. In the series against England, he was able to score fifteen runs off only 11 balls. In the next home series he was selected for, he made quite a few debut records of his ODI career. In the series against West Indies, he received his first ever title of Man of the Match as he had scored his first maiden century.
Babar Azam Net Worth
Babar Azam net worth as of 2019 is estimated about $3.1 million. His coach, Mickey Arthur says that Babar Azam sends all of his earnings to his family.
House and Car Collection
Babar Azam known residence is of Lahore city. He has a white Honda car which his father gave to him to replace his old and worn out one.
Babar Azam Wife
Babar Azam is unmarried, and not as such affairs are on-air about him.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts about Babar Azam
Here are some interesting and unknown facts about Babar Azam are listed down which his fans want to know about him:
- Babar Azam is considered a very important player for the Pakistani and he possess many talents and can perform excellently in all three cricket forms; batting, bowling, and fielding.
- Azam primary skills were shown to the selectors in the under 19 team which made the national selectors recognize his talents.
- He has achieved many milestones in a very short amount of time. He has the record of scoring the third joint-fastest to get to a thousand One Day International runs in the world along with having scored the fastest second joint-fastest to get to two thousand runs in an ODI in the world.
- Azam also has the honor of being the second ranking of the world’s fastest fifth, sixth and eighth centuries in an ODI while being the number one in Pakistan to do so.
- He is also the number one on the list world’s fastest batsman to get to seventh One Day International in only 33 innings.
- No other country’s cricketer has the honor of scoring 5 centuries in ODIs consecutively but Azam.
- He has scored the most runs in twenty-five One Day International than any other batsman in the world, the number of runs being 1305.
- He broke the Indian cricketer Virat Kohli’s record by scoring a thousand runs in only 26 innings while Kohli did it in 27 innings.
- Babar Azam was the captain of his under 19 world championship team.
- Azam has told in an interview that he has had a lot to learn from his cousins about cricket as they have been international players for the country for many years now.
- Azam suffered from a fracture on his left arm during practice in 2016, due to which he missed the Asia Cup.
- He was bought by the team of Islamabad United in Pakistan Super League in 2016. In 2017, he was signed over to Karachi Kings for about US$50,000.
- Along with being an impressive batsman and bowler, he has also amazed everyone with his excellent fielding skills. In 2015, he took an important catch during a match against England.
- His favorite cricketer is AB de Villiers.
- He has received the award of Man of the Match many times.
- Azam also was awarded as the PCB’s Player of the year in the One Day International field in 2017.
- He is the current holder of the title of PCB’s Player of the year in T20I which he was awarded in 2018.
- He has also been listed in the 2019 squad for the Pakistani team for World Cup 2019.