Virat Kohli Wiki/ Biography
Virat Kohli is a batsman who is currently the captain of the Indian cricket team. He is actually considered one of the best batsmen in the World. He shot to fame in 2008 when he got India the victory in the Under-19 World Cup. He is 30 years old and was born on 5th November 1988 which makes him 30 years old. Virat Kohli net worth in 2019 is $60 million.
Virat Kohli height is 5 ft. 9 inches tall and is a right-handed batsman. He weighs 69 kgs or 152 lbs. His nickname is Cheeku which his coach gave him.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 30 years
- Hometown: Delhi
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio
- Hair color: Black
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: chest – 44 inches; Waist – 31 inches; Biceps – 15 inches
- Height:175 cm or 5′ 9″ inches or 1.75 m
- Weight: almost 69 kgs or 152 lbs
- Nickname: Cheeku, The Run Machine
- Jersey Number: 18
- International Debut: ODI debut – 18 August 2008 v Sri Lanka; Test debut – 20 June 2011 v West Indies; T20 debut – 12 June 2010 v Zimbabwe
- Net Worth(Approx): $60 million
- Salary: Retainer Fee – ₹7 crore; IPL Fee – ₹17 crore; Test Fee – ₹15 lakh; ODI Fee – ₹6 lakh; T20 Fee – ₹3 lakh
Virat Kohli Education
Virat Kohli was never great in studies. He once told that he got 3 out of 100 marks in his math test when he was in the 9th grade. Everyone else in the class had at least 15 or 20. He started his education in Uttam Nagar. In 1998, when he was only 9, he joined the West Delhi cricket academy. In fact, he was among the first people to join. That is where his cricket career began. His educational qualifications ended at 12th grade where he decided to pursue cricket professionally.
Virat Kohli Family
Virat has 2 other siblings, and he is the youngest of the lot. His sister is Bhavna and brother Vikash. Virat is the son of Mr. Prem Kohli and Saroj Kohli.
Virat Kohli is married to Anushka Sharma who is a Bollywood actress. They started dating in 2013 and had many ups and downs on the way. They finally got married in Italy in 2017. They are living a happy married life.
Virat Kohli House, Cars & Bikes Collection
Anushka and Virat are both super-rich, and their estimated total net worth is almost 6 billion rupees. They live in a huge mansion worth more than 30 crores. Virat Kohli also has a stunning car collection. He owns 6 Audi models from the sporty R8 and the luxurious A8 sedan to the SUV Audi Q7. He is a big fan of the brand. He also has a new Audi S7. 2 Range rover vogues and a BMW 7 series are also among some of the vehicles they own.
Virat Kohli Career
Virat Kohli joined the international Indian cricket team in 2008, and he has been making waves ever since. He got selected after his outstanding performance in the Under-19 World Cup in 2008 that took place in Malaysia. His international debut was in Sri Lanka, and he managed to score a half-century in the very series. His performance helped India win the series. He also scored his first ODI century against Sri Lanka.
In 2011, he became the first Indian cricketer to complete a hundred runs in their World Cup debut. He was also awarded “ODI cricketer of the year” in 2012.
In 2012, he was made vice-captain of the ODI team under MS Dhoni. 2 years later, he was made the captain of the test team when MS Dhoni left. He is currently also the captain of the international ODI team.
Over his career, Virat Kohli managed to achieve some amazing feats and figures, some of which are as follows:
- He holds the record for the fastest ODI century
- He scored more than a thousand runs in four consecutive years. He is the second batsmen in the World to do that.
- He is also the fastest batsman to score 1000 runs
- He scored double centuries twice in test matches as captain, making him the first one to do so
- He is also the fastest to reach 3000 runs
- He also got the Arjuna award in 2013
- Virat Kohli has a countless man of the match and man of the series titles to his name in both ODIs and test matches.
- He scored 183 runs against Pakistan which is the highest ever in an ODI
Virat Kohli Net Worth
Virat Kohli being an outstanding cricketer and the captain of the Indian team is the highest paid player in the country. Virat Kohli estimated net worth is around $60 million. He has many endorsements to his name from some very big companies which are a major source of his income. He is also the owner of a fitness chain as well as fashion stores. His worth is expected to multiply if he keeps pushing forward the same way.
Virat Kohli Girlfriends/ Affairs
Virat Kohli got married to Anushka Sharma in 2017, and they are living a happily married life. Despite that, he is rumored to have affairs with many models and actresses from around the World. Izabelle Leite, Sanjana, and Sarah-Jane Dias are some of them.
Some Unknown Facts about Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli fans should know the following facts about him:
- He is the only batsmen to achieve more than 500 runs in a bilateral ODI series. He managed to do this against South Africa in 2018.
- He took India to the semifinals of T20 World Cup due to his outstanding performances.
- He broke Brian Lara’s record of 156 runs by scoring a massive 183 against Pakistan.
- He lost his father when he was only 18 years old. His family faced many financial issues after his father’s death. It was Virat who supported them and took them out of the financial crisis.
- He loved cricket ever since he was a little boy.
- His Charity foundation VKF was established in 2013. Ever since it has been working tirelessly to help underprivileged children in the country.
- The day his father died, he had a match to play. His presence was crucial in both places. He gave an amazing performance by scoring 90 runs playing for Delhi and managed to attend the funeral afterward.
- He is the co-owner of UAE Royals of ITPL.
- He is the only player who was never auctioned in IPL.
- He has 4 tattoos on his body.
- He was rated the 13th most marketable sportsperson in the World.
Virat Kohli has lived an amazing life and has been setting records ever since he started playing. He is only bound for more success.