Chris Gayle Wiki/ Biography
Christopher Henry Gayle or better known as Chris Gayle is a left-handed batsman who plays for the West Indies International cricket team. He was born in Jamaica on 21st September 1979. He is currently 39 years old. Despite being an all-rounder, he is known for his batting. He is actually considered one of the best batsmen of all time. He is considered unparalleled in T20 format where his explosive batting gives him an edge over everyone else. Chris Gayle net worth in 2019 is $35 million.
Gayle has broken countless cricket records over the course of his career. He is known for his sixes which he manages with such ease. This is partly because he stands at 6ft 3in and weighs 95kgs. He has black hair and black eyes. He holds a record for hitting a six on the first ball of a test match as well. His Jersey number for West Indies is 45, and he wears the number 333 jacket when he plays in IPL. His explosive and aggressive nature on the field is the exact opposite of his calm nature in life.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 39 years
- Hometown: Kingston, Jamaica
- Zodiac sign/Sun Sign: Virgo
- Hair color: Black
- Eye Colour: Black
- Body Measurements: chest – 44 inches; Waist – 35 inches; Biceps – 15 inches
- Height: 191 cm or 6′ 3″ inches or 1.91 m
- Weight: almost 95 kgs or 209 lbs
- Nickname: Gaylestorm, Gayleforce, Master storm, World Boss, Universe Boss, Mr.T20,
- Jersey Number: 45
- International Debut: ODI debut – 11 September 1999 v India; Test debut – 16 March 2000 v Zimbabwe; T20 debut – 16 February 2006 v New Zealand
- Net Worth(Approx): $35 million
- Salary: IPL Fee – ₹2 crore
Chris Gayle cleared the 10th standard from Excelsior High School after which he started pursuing his cricket career professionally.
Chris Gayle is the son of Dudley Gayle and Hazel Gayle. Chris was born into a low-income family in Jamaica where he even picked up trash to make a buck. His father was a policeman, and his mother was a peanut vendor. Chris Gayle’s grandfather was a prominent cricketer in his age. He is married happily to Natasha Berridge, and they have a daughter named Blush. Chris also has 5 siblings.
House, Cars & Bikes Collection
Chris has a huge mansion with an infinity pool that overlooks Jamaica. He is fond of luxurious cars. Chris Gayle has a huge car collection including vehicles such as a GL63 AMG, a Toyota land cruiser, a luxurious Mercedes van, a Lamborghini Aventador, a Ferrari 488 and a Bentley Continental GT.
Christopher started his cricket career in Jamaica by joining the Lucas cricket academy. Chris Gayle made his international debut in 1999. His first two years were slow in the team, but he quickly came under the limelight as soon as 2001 came. He made 175 runs and made the record for the longest opening partnership of 214 while playing against Zimbabwe. In 2002, he again showed his true colors when he scored three hundred against India. This also enabled him to cross the 1000 runs mark, making him the third West Indian batsman to do so in one year. The only other two people to achieve this was Vivian Richards & Brian Lara.
His hard-hitting style did not fare well in test matches which require patience. Therefore, he kept gaining and losing spots in the test team. In 2005, he was put in the squad to play a test match against South Africa. He played amazingly and scored a whopping triple century. No one had ever scored a triple century against South Africa before.
While in India, Chris started complaining about irregular heartbeat and feelings of dizziness. He was diagnosed with a defect and had to undergo heart surgery. He was unable to play for almost a year, but Chris says that the surgery was a life-changing moment in his life.
His exceptional performance in the 2006 Champions Trophy got him the award of “Player of the tournament.” He won this despite the fact that his team lost. It is a testament to his competence and skill.
In 2008, Chris was acquired by Kolkata Knight Riders for IPL. He was one of the favorites in the tournament due to his explosive batting style.
In 2012, he set another record when he hit a six on the very first ball of a test match. He was playing against Bangladesh at the time.
Chris has had multiple records to his name, and he announced he would be retiring from his amazing career after the 2019 World Cup.
Chris Gayle Net Worth
Chris Gayle is one of the best cricketers and most marketable players in the World. Chris Gayle net worth is estimated to be more than $35 million. He makes a lot of it from endorsements and IPL, but a considerable amount comes from international play-offs as well.
Chris Gayle Wife
Chris Gayle is married to Natasha Berridge. He does not have any known affairs or girlfriends.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts About Chris Gayle
- His favorite movie is Rambo.
- He loves ackee and salt fish.
- He enjoys listening to Indian songs and watching Bollywood movies.
- He loves smoking and drinking alike.
- He used to be called “crampy” by his friends in his teenage.
- He attributes most of his success to the Lucas cricket academy.
- He underwent heart surgery, and he says that it was a life-changing experience for him.
- He once managed to score 196 runs in a trial T20 match, which is more than what many teams make in an innings.
- He owns a sports bar in Jamaica called “triple century.”
- He provides for educating and employing the underprivileged and needy through his foundation “Chris Gayle academies.”
- He has been known to host some crazy parties especially during T20 season.
- He scored more than 10,000 runs in ODI which makes him the second cricketer from West Indies team to do so.
- He was the first batsmen in the World to make centuries in ODI, test and T20 matches.
- He has scored two triple centuries in test matches. This puts him alongside the only three players who have managed to achieve this feat.
- He was the first player to cross the 200 runs mark in ICC world cup.
- He has scored centuries against 11 different teams.
- He has more than 500 sixes to his name in test matches alone. This is a record that has not been beaten yet.
- He is also the first cricket player to cross the 10,000 runs mark in the T20 format.
- He also has the record for the highest individual score in T20 with an astonishing 175.
- Chris Gayle is also the first player to achieve more than 20 centuries in T20 cricket.