Glenn Maxwell Wiki/ Biography
Born on 14 October 1988, Glenn Maxwell full name is Glenn James Maxwell. Glenn Maxwell age is 30 years. He is an international cricketer for plays for Australia’s national team. Glenn Maxwell plays for Australia in two formats; Twenty20 cricket and One Day International. Glenn Maxwell height is 1.80 m and weight 73 kg. Glenn Maxwell net worth in 2019 is $10.4 million.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 30 years
- Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Libra
- Hair color: Black
- Eye Colour: Light Blue
- Body Measurements: chest – 40 inches; Waist – 32 inches; Biceps – 13 inches
- Height: 180 cm or 5′ 11″ inches or 1.80 m
- Weight: almost 73 kgs or 161 lbs
- Nickname: The Big Show, Maxi
- Jersey Number: 32
- International Debut: ODI debut – 25 August 2012 v Afghanistan; Test debut – 2 March 2013 v India; T20 debut – 5 September 2012 v Pakistan
- Net Worth(Approx): $10.5 million
- Salary: NA
Glenn Maxwell attended his high school at the Up Way High School.
Glenn Maxwell father’s name is Neil Maxwell. Neil Maxwell came from England to settle in Kew, Melbourne. His father is also a cricket fan who used to coach amateur youngsters. He also coached his elder son for the participation in the under 15 team. His mother’s name is Joy Maxwell.
Glenn Maxwell Career
Glenn Maxwell is said to have started his cricketing career in the year around 2009. In 2010, he was selected in the Victoria squad to play in the tournament of Hong Kong Cricket Sixers. He performed remarkably in the matches and was named Players of the tournament.
In the Emerging Players Tournament of 2010, he scored his first 50 against India. In the same tournament of 2011, he scored an unbeatable 110 against South Africa off only 52 balls. Later, in 2012 Indian Premier League he was initially bought by the Delhi Daredevils because of his excellent performance in the Emerging Players Tournament. However, his performances in the IPL were not major ones. He later joined the English county club cricket for Hampshire and South Wilts in 2012. The head selector of UAE tour selected Maxwell due to his brilliant fielding and versatility.
In 2012, he made his One Day International debut while playing against Afghanistan. His second One Day International was against Pakistan, in which he was able to score 38 runs. He was also selected in Australia’s national team in the 2012 ICC World T20 Cup, regarding which he was extremely confident. However, the tournament didn’t exactly go very smoothly for Maxwell. Australia was able to make it to the semi-finals but eventually lost the semi-final. In the 2012 to 2013 session of the Ryobi Cup, Maxwell scored 58 runs. Along with that, he performed well in the bowling arena as well for Australia. In 2013, Maxwell played his first at home One Day International.
In the 2012 to 2013 Australia’s tour to India, Maxwell was selected to perform as an all-rounder, but he considered himself more as a batsman, but in his first test match against India, he could not deliver well as a batsman. In the 2013 Indian Premier League, Maxwell stayed the highest bidding player of the auction. He was signed to Mumbai Indians for US $1 million. Maxwell was again selected for the ICC Champions Trophy in 2013 where he played against Sri Lanka and New Zealand. In the 2014 Indian Premier League, he was signed over by Kings XI Punjab. The team bought him for about Rs. 6 crore.
Glenn Maxwell Net worth
Glenn Maxwell net worth as of 2018 is approximately 10.4 million US dollars. His yearly salary is estimated to be around 1.9 million US dollars.
House, Car and Bike’s Collection
Glenn Maxwell likes to spend his time with his parents, so he lives at the house in Belgrave South, which is about on a 50-meter distance from the South Belgrave Cricket ground. Glenn Maxwell likes to go around in his Nissan Maxima. He purchased the same car again for $8000. Moreover, he has many other cars in his collection, including a Mitsubishi four-wheel car.
Glenn Maxwell Girlfriends/ Affairs
The Aussie cricketer is often in the news due to his changing affairs. In the beginning, he was dating Jayne Egeberg, and this was during his early days in the national Australian cricket team. Later he started dating Candice Wyatt, who is an Australian journalist. The newsreader used to be with Maxwell at the 2015 ICC World Cup. He has never married anyone.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts about Glenn Maxwell
Here are some interesting and unknown facts about Glenn Maxwell which his fans should and want to know about him are listed below:
- Due to his enthusiastic nature, he has been nicknamed The Big Show. However, he confessed in an interview that he doesn’t like it and prefers being called just Maxi.
- Although famous for his batting skills, Glenn Maxwell is also a remarkable bowler. Maxwell bowled a double-wicket maiden against Pakistan and became the second bowler in the world to have defended two runs in the final over of the match, after Chris Pringle.
- When Maxwell became the most expensive player of 2013 session of the Indian Premier League, he took his entire family to experience a vacation in England.
- Glenn Maxwell is not afraid of showing temper every now and then. He once remarked disrespectful comments about Matthew Wade, a wicket keeper.
- Once, after discovering that he was being dismissed for the Champions League T20 in 2014 during a match, he kicked a trash can in anger. Afterward, he tweeted about it in order to make up for it but actually only joked further in his tweet.
- After being unstoppable with his scoring in the Indian Premier League, he was becoming the top ranking run-scorer for his team after being overshadowed by Robin Uthappa. Nonetheless, he was awarded the title of Player of the tournament in the 2014 IPL.
- Glenn Maxwell has played for many leagues and county club cricket. These include Melbourne Renegades, Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Mumbai Indians, Surrey, Yorkshire, and Hampshire.
- Glenn Maxwell holds the record of fastest 50 scoring partnership. He and his partner scored a half-century only off eighteen balls.
- In 2014, while playing a T20I against Pakistan, he made another record of fastest 50 scorings in T20I this too he did only off 18 balls.
- Maxwell also has the record of second fastest scoring 100 in the history of World Cup. He scored an unbeatable 102 off only 52 balls in a match against Sri Lanka.