David Miller Wiki/ Biography
The South African cricketer was born on 10th June 1989 in Pietermaritzburg, Natal Province in South Africa. David Miller age is 29 years. David Miller full name is David Andrew Miller. David Miller net worth in 2019 is $11 million.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 29 years
- Hometown: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Gemini
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye Colour: Black
- Body Measurements: chest – 42 inches; Waist – 34 inches; Biceps – 15 inches
- Height: 180 cm or 5′ 11″ inches or 1.80 m
- Weight: almost 75 kgs or 165 lbs
- Nickname: Killer Miller
- Jersey Number: 10
- International Debut: ODI debut – 22 May 2010 v West Indies; Test debut – NA; T20 debut – 20 May 2010 v West Indies
- Net Worth(Approx): $11 million
- Salary: NA
David Miller was born in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. His father’s name is Andrew Miller. Andrew Miller was also a domestic cricketer of the club level. Miller was born into a Christian family.
David Miller got his basic education in his hometown; however, the exact name of the institutions he went is not known. It is only known that Miller attended college at Maritzburg College. He started playing cricket at a domestic level only at the age of 18.
David Miller Professional Career
Miller made his five-star debut in the final round of the Dolphin of 2007 to 2008 local SuperSport Series, in which he scored a half-century in only the first innings of the game. Miller showed up eight times in the MTN Domestic Championship of one day which was a match of a similar season however his last match was deserted after only three overs. Miller could only make a score of 13 runs in the entire competition, due to which the Dolphins ended up on the fifth place. The Dolphins ended up as defeated in the finals, where Miller played about two games in the Pro20 series. He was selected for the squad of Durban Heats in the first season of the Mzansi Super League T20 tournament.
In the 2012 Indian Premier League, the Kings XI Punjab bought Miller for about Rs. 6 crore. He stayed in the Kings XI Punjab till the year of 2014 but was dropped off when the Kings were losing all their six matches consecutively.
International Team Career
David Miller was selected in his national team of South Africa in May 2010. He was selected to play against Bangladesh where he showed some excellent batting skills and ended up as the 2nd highest run scorer.
For his Twenty20 debut, he was selected to play for South Africa against West Indies in May 2010. After only two days passed, Miller was onto his One Day International as well. He performed amazingly against West Indies, scoring twenty-three runs and making South Africa stand victorious. Later on, he was also selected for South Africa’s tour to Zimbabwe. During this tour, he played his part in the two formats; One Day International and T20.
In November 2010, he was selected in the squad of the national team again to match against Pakistan during their U.A.E tour. After this, he played two more ODI matches and was selected as a part of the South Africa, preliminary squad for the World Cup of 2011.
In 2013, Miller toured with South Africa’s national team to Sri Lanka. During the tour, Miller stayed outstanding. The first victory of South Africa was also credited to Miller as he has scored 85 runs only off 72 balls. For this brilliant performance, Miller was awarded the title of Man of the Match. Miller along with Rory Kleinveldt made a record of having the highest ninth-wicket joint-score which was of 95. This record was set by the partnership in the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy.
In the year of 2017, he was selected in the World XI team where he played three T20 international matches in Lahore for the Independence Cup. Miller’s performance also stood out in the 2015 Cricket World Cup, wherein the semi-finals he scored 49 runs only off 18 balls. He remained amongst South Africa’s high ranking players of Cricket World Cup of 2015.
In 2017, he was playing in his hundredth One Day International match and ranked as the third player to do so without playing in a Test match after Rohit Sharma and Kieron Pollard. In February 2019, he was also a part of the South Africa squad against Pakistan during the series. In the Pakistan series, he was named captain in place of Faf du Plessis in the T20I’s last two matches.
David Miller Net Worth
The net worth of David Miller is estimated to be approximately 11 million US dollars as of the year 2018. David Miller net worth is said to have increased by a good 40 percent during the past few years. His annual salary is said to be about 1.4 million US dollars.
House, Cars and Bike’s Collection
David Miller is said to be residing in his hometown Pietermaritzburg, Natal province in South Africa.
David Miller Wife
David Miller is unmarried.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts about David Miller
- David Miller is famous for his aggressive and destructive batting styles.
- Although most of the world got to know about Miller’s talents after his performances in the Indian Premier League, he was actually quite a regarded cricketer at domestic levels, and his skills had been recognized in South Africa before IPL.
- Miller has been famous for his skills all around the world. He has been a part of many league teams and county clubs such as Chittagong Kings, Yorkshire, Kings XI Punjab, Dolphins, KwaZulu-Natal, and Durham.
- His early interest in cricket and sports is usually credited to his father who was also a cricketer but of only a club level. His father made sure Miller was involved in a number of sports in order for him to stay physically fit. Miller told in an interview that during his school days he used to play many different sports such as hockey, squash, and tennis.
- Miller has said that those of Matthew Hayden inspire his aggressive batting skills. Miller used to idealize the Australian batsman as a child.
- Miller has performed brilliantly in a number of One Day Internationals along with many T20s but still has never played a test match. He is yet to make his debut in the Test arena.
- Although he is considered an all-rounder by some, Miller has never bowled in an international match.
- Miller has been selected as a part of the 2019 Cricket World Cup.