|Net Worth (At the time of his death):
|Age (At the time of his death):
Who was Heath Ledger?
Heath Ledger was a legendary actor in Hollywood. Unfortunately, he passed away when he was just 28 years old. Even during the short time in the movie industry, he was able to get closer to the hearts of people with his outstanding performances. Therefore, he is known as one of the most influential figures in the movie industry as well. Heath Ledger height is 1.85 m. Heath Ledger Net Worth at the time of his death was around $16 million.
Heath Ledger was born on 4th of April in 1979. Perth in Western Australia was his birthplace. Mother of Heath Ledger was Sally Ledger, who was working as a French Teacher. Father of Heath Ledger was Kim Ledger, who was a professional car racer.
He attended Guildford Grammar School in order to obtain his education. He had a passion towards acting from his very young age. He got into the production of Peter Pan during his school days, where he had the very first stage appearance. He was good in chess as well. In fact, he was able to win the chess Junior Championship in his school. Unfortunately, the parents of Heath Ledger divorced when he turned 11 years. It led him towards a difficult time.
Due to the divorce of parents, Heath Ledger left his hometown. In fact, he came to the United States in 1998, with the objective of pursuing a career in the movie industry.
Heath Ledger was heavily influenced by Kate, who is his elder sister. She has been working as a publicist and an actress. He was able to get into his very first movie in the year 1999. This movie was titled 10 things I hate about you with Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and he played the role of a bad boy in this movie. Then he played in the movies titled The Patriot with Mel Gibson; Ned Kelly with Orlando Bloom, Naomi Watts; The Brothers Grimm with Matt Damon, Monica Bellucci; A Knight’s Tale, The Dark Knight with Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman; and Lords of Dogtown. Out of these movies, the appearance in the movie The Dark Knight in 2008 contributed heavily towards his success. He was able to become a world-famous actor with it.
Apart from being an actor, Ledger is a successful producer of music videos as well. He wanted to become a movie director. To make that dream come true, he started working as a music video producer. It created a tremendous impact in his life and he was able to achieve many great things as a result of it as well.
Heath Ledger Net Worth
By the time of death, the net worth of Heath Ledger was calculated as of $16 million. He earned most of his income from the performance in The Dark Knight. He was able to become successful after the appearance of Dark Knight and the movie didn’t just create an impact on this popularity, but also on his wealth.
Heath Ledger Wife
Back in 2004, Heath Ledger started dating Michelle Williams. These two met in the Brokeback Mountain set. They got married in the same year as well. From this marriage, they have a daughter named Matilda Rose. The daughter was born in the year 2005 in New York City.
From 2005 to 2007, Heath Ledger and Michelle have been living in Boerum Hill in Brooklyn. However, the couple ended their relationship in the year 2007. Many rumors say that Heath Ledger became a drug addict by that time.
Heath Ledger Death
How did Heath Ledger die?
Heath Ledger died on 22nd of January in 2008. He was just 28 years old at that time. He was discovered on the floor of this apartment and was later announced dead. It is believed that drug addiction is the main reason behind the death of this actor.
The exact reason behind his death was not known instantly. It took several weeks to figure out that he had become a victim of a drug overdose.
Few Interesting Facts About Heath Ledger
- Heath Ledger was born in Australia. However, his family had an Irish, Welsh and a Scottish mix.
- Heath Ledger was the only male child in his family. He grew up closer to the elder sister. She was an actress as well. In fact, she contributed heavily towards the life of Heath Ledger. The parents of Heath Ledger got divorced when he was just 11 years old.
- Heath Ledger is well-known for the role that he played as Joker, in the movie The Dark Knight. It was a remarkable restraint in his life as well. He once said that he is never looking forward to do the laugh of Joker again unless the cameras are rolling. It has been one of the most challenging roles for him as well.
- Heath Ledger is a renaissance man. He has been playing field hockey from childhood. When he got into acting and secured a strong position, he didn’t give up playing field hockey. He somehow found time for it. On the other hand, he has been an avid chess fan as well. He has won a large number of chess tournaments during his childhood.
- Heath Ledger is a person who believes in fairies. When he was 13 years old, he got the opportunity to play a role in Peter Pan. That’s where he developed his interest towards fairies.
- Heath Ledger is somewhat smart in making decisions. Every time he had to make a decision, which contributed his betterment, he took the right decision and moved forward. For example, once he went to a private academy and he didn’t have enough time to attend the drama club with sports. That’s where he decided to give up sports and go to the drama club.
- Heath Ledger was looking forward to getting out of high school and continue with his career in acting. While he turned 17, he took part in exams, which could provide him with a diploma. When the results came out, he had enough to continue education. However, he decided to leave school and start acting.
Wiki/ Bio – Quick Info
- Real Name/ Full name: Heath Andrew Ledger
- Age (At the Time of His Death): 28 years
- Birth Date/ Birthday : 4 April 1979
- Nickname: Heathy, Heath
- Hometown: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Nationality : Australian
- Father Name: Kim Ledger
- Mother Name: Sally Ledger Bell
- Spouse/ Wife: Michelle Williams (2004–2007)
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Aries
- Height: 185 cm or 6 feet 1 inches or 1.85 m
- Weight: almost 77 kgs or 169 lbs
- Hair color: Light Brown
- Eye Colour: Hazel
- First Film/ Debut Film: Clowning Around (1992)
- Net Worth(Approx): $16 million
- Social Links: NA
What is your favorite Heath Ledger movie? Tell us in a comment below.