Aaron Finch Wiki/ Biography
Aaron Finch is an opening batsman for the Australian international cricket team. He is also the captain of the team in limited overs matches. He is a right-handed batsman with a slow left arm for bowling. He is known for his hard-hitting batting style. Aaron Finch height is 5 ft 8 inch and weighs 82 kg. His nickname is Finchy. He has blue eyes with blonde hair. Aaron Finch net worth in 2019 is $5.5 million.
Aaron wears the number 5 jersey while playing for Australia as well as IPL, and wears the number 16 while playing county cricket. He actually holds the record for 2 of the 3 highest runs ever made in T20 cricket.
Aaron was born in Victoria, Australia on 17th November 1986. Aaron Finch age is currently 32 years. He loves playing golf and is also a good cook.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 32 years
- Hometown: Colac, Victoria, Australia
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Scorpio
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye Colour: Blue
- Body Measurements: chest – 42 inches; Waist – 34 inches; Biceps – 15 inches
- Height: 173 cm or 5′ 8″ inches or 1.73 m
- Weight: almost 82 kgs or 181 lbs
- Nickname: Finchy
- Jersey Number: 5
- International Debut: ODI debut – 11 January 2013 v Sri Lanka; Test debut – 7 October 2018 v Pakistan; T20 debut – 12 January 2011 v England
- Net Worth(Approx): $5.5 million
- Salary: Retainer Fee – $900,000 (AUD); IPL Fee – NA; Test Fee – $20,000 (AUD); ODI Fee – $10,000 (AUD); T20 Fee – $8,000 (AUD)
There is not much information about Aaron Finch schooling or education, but it is a known fact that he was talented since his early years. His talent was actually identified during his primary school years by a cricket talent scout.
Aaron Finch parents are Gary and Sue Finch. He has a brother named Mat and a sister named Jess. He is happily married to Amy Griffiths to whom he got married in 2018.
House, Cars & Bikes Collection
Aaron lives in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment in Melbourne with his wife and 2 dogs. He has recently listed it for auction and hopes to move into a bigger house. Aaron is very fond of cars. Aaron Finch owns a BMW i8, a Porsche Cayenne turbo, a Rolls Royce Ghost, and according to some rumors a McLaren 570s and a Ford GT as well.
Aaron Finch Cricket Career
Throughout his career, Aaron Finch has been a wicket keeper, a middle-order batsman and currently an opening batsman. He plays all forms of limited overs cricket, but he shines in the T20 format where he holds several records.
He started off by playing for the Colac West cricket club when he was very young. Aaron was later part of the under-19 World cup team in 2006. In 2009, he made his first century and soon after that he joined the Victoria Bushrangers. He played marvelously in that season, and his performance got him into the Rajasthan Royals as well. In 2011, he played exceptionally well and later was bought by Delhi Daredevils. Since then, Aaron has also played for Melbourne Renegades, Yorkshire county cricket club. He became the first player in the big bash league to make it to a 1000 runs.
Finch’s first match as part of the Australian international team took place in January 2011. It was a T20 match against England and Finch played well in that by scoring 15 runs in 14 balls. By 2013, he also started playing ODIs for the team. His debut did not start strong, and he only scored 16 runs.
On the other hand, he has been consistently the star performer in short matches especially T20 matches. Even in his second match, he managed to score a half-century and won the man of the match award.
He did great in the 2014 T20 world cup as well. In 2015, he scored 135 runs against England and brought victory to his team.
Aaron Finch plays for Gujarat Lions in IPL, but before them, he has played for many other teams. He has been a part of Delhi Daredevils, Pune Warriors and Mumbai Indians.
Overall, Finch has been an amazing player. In T20, he holds 2 out of the top 3 highest score records. He was also the first player to reach 150 runs in the format. He also crossed the 1000 run milestone in only 29 innings which makes him the second fastest player in the World to achieve that. Despite his amazing track record in T20, he sat out the 2019 IPL so he could focus on the upcoming 2019 ICC cricket world cup.
Aaron Finch Net Worth
Aaron Finch net worth is estimated around $5.5 million. He has made a lot of money doing deals with teams in IPL and also through many endorsements.
Aaron Finch Wife
Aaron Finch briefly dated a girl from Mumbai, but he broke up with her soon. After that, he started dating his current wife, Amy Griffiths. They tied the knot in 2018 and are still together. Aaron is not rumored to have any girlfriends or affairs.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts About Aaron Finch
Here are some interesting facts about Aaron Finch:
- He does not smoke.
- He started his career being a wicket-keeper.
- He is a good singer.
- He can speak Hindi, and he once admitted that he loves Indian girls, which is why he dated one as well.
- He once played a match for MCC and got to be in the same team as Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara, and Sachin Tendulkar. He scored a massive 181 runs.
- He actually played under Shane Watson in IPL before he got the chance to play for Australia.
- He was very close to Phillip Hughes. When Hughes passed away, Aaron was deeply saddened.
- He set the record in 2013 for the highest score in a T20 match.
- Finch played with many players in the under-19 world cup who is now also part of the international team with him.
- As a youngster, he used to play football.
- In his record-breaking T20 innings, he shot 14 sixes. This itself is a record that no one has broken yet.
- During the MCC match in which Finch remained not out at 181 runs, he was actually nervous playing around the amazing legends of the time like Sachin Tendulkar.
- He currently plays for 4 teams in different countries and counties.