Martin Guptill Wiki/ Biography
Martin Guptill full name was Martin James Guptill, born in September 1986 in Auckland New Zealand. Martin Guptill age is 32 years. He is a good looking person with height 6 ft and 2 in a while his weight is almost 90 kg; he has hazel eyes. Being a Libra, he is quite famous among female. Guptill is also known as Marry Two Toe because of the incident he faced at the age of 13. He was 13 years old when a forklift crushed his left foot, and he left with only two toes. Martin Guptill net worth in 2019 is under review.
He is considered among the top players of the world; he is the first New Zealand cricketer who scored a double century in ODI. He is the one who has been achieved the highest Scorer record in the world cup.
Other basic facts
- Age (as in 2019): 32 years
- Hometown: Auckland, New Zealand
- Zodiac sign/ Sun sign: Libra
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye Colour: Hazel
- Body Measurements: chest – 42 inches; Waist – 34 inches; Biceps – 15 inches
- Height: 188 cm or 6′2″ ft or 1.88 m
- Weight: almost 90 kgs or 199 lbs
- Nickname: Guppy and The Fish
- Jersey Number: 31
- International Debut: ODI debut – 10 January 2009 v West Indies; Test debut – 18 March 2009 v India; T20 debut – 15 February 2009 v Australia
- Net Worth(Approx): $2.9 million
- Salary: Retainer Fee – $400,000
After primary from Kelston, he started his high school in Kelston too, and after passing out from here, he got transferred to Avondale College. In College, he played a lot of cricket and get famous as a popular player among all students.
Martins belonged to a mediocre family, his father named Peter Guptill was a truck driver and his mother Jan Henderson is a housewife. He has no brother and only one sister her name is Raewyn Thomas.
Martin Guptill Wife
Martin Guptill wife laura McGoldrick is a sports presenter and RJ. She is very good looking lady 3 years younger than Martin. In 2011, he met with her when she interviewed him and for two years after that they were dating each other. In 2013 they decided to get married. Now they are having very good relations, and in 2018 they welcomed a new family member their daughter Harley Louis Guptill, both parents were very excited to have a new addition in their family. Harley becomes a new attraction for the pair, and they admitted that they do not have that much interesting life as they have now.
Martin Guptill Net Worth
Martin Guptill Salary is $400,000. Martin Guptill net worth was about $ 2.9 million in 2017. He owned a big house and a cottage and one car.
Martin Guptill Career
Martin Guptill had started his career in 2006 and made the first debut in 2009 when he played against West Indies in One Day international in this match he showed a splendid performance and scored a century and become a first kiwi who scores a century on his debut. In 2013, when he was selected for the tour of England at Lords, he made centuries back to back and scored 189 and not out, this made his team among top five highest scorers team in ODI.
In 2015 world cup, he showed extraordinary performance, and that cup becomes his recognition as he was the best scorer in it. He made 237 runs in only 163 balls. In 2018, New Zealand cricket presented him with the new contract for an 18-19 session. He also was selected in the 2019 World Cup team from New Zealand.
- He made a record of the double scoring century in one day international, and his 237 runs will be in the history of the world cup for so many years.
- He made a record of fastest fifty in ODI.
- He scores 330 runs in ODI series within three matches.
- He had a record of the highest scorer when he scored 237 as an opener.
- His record as best scored in T20I was broken by Rohit Sharma, and in 2019 he becomes a 2nd scorer after him.
Guptill is trying hard to maintain all his records, as he is the top score in almost all type of game. But when we analyze his performance in the test series, it is not that much satisfactory. Till now he has played almost 33 matches but scored only 1858 score. It means he needs to have more training and practice for this area of the game.
Best Innings of Martin Guptill
Martin Guptill played a lot of matches in different streams of cricket till now. His first Century was against West Indies in 2009, and he scored 122 not out. In 2013, he scored highest in ODI kiwi history and scored 189 not out against England. He gave New Zealand team a new recognition and gave them the honor to become a top scorer team in 2015 when he made 237 and remained not out, here the thing which is very important that was not a simple match that match was of World Cup 2015 and he scored against West Indies.
He is known as a good batsman but a part of it, he is also an activist on the ground as he has caught some dangerous catch to got win the match. His best performance ever is in ICC in 2015 against West Indies, where he scored 237 and his name pens down in history.
It is very amazing that despite all records he is not sold in the bid of the more paly auction in IPL. Despite his number 2 ranking in T20, no one is ready to buy him from the auction. The most interesting thing is that he is in the top list of the player who scores hundreds in all platforms, other top scorers are famous in IPL, but no one takes him.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts about Martin Guptill
- Martin played for New Zealand in 2006 under- 19 World Cup which was taking place in Sri Lanka. His one-day international debut was in Jan 2009, and he played against West Indies in Auckland. His debut in test series was in Feb 2009, and he played against India at Hamilton. In Jan 2009, he debuts in T20I while played against Australia.
- Martin Guptill is a very good addition in cricket history, now looking forward to his performance in the 2019 world cup.