Brendan Taylor Wiki/ Biography
Brendan Taylor full name is Brendan Ross Murray Taylor. Born on 6th February 1986, Brendan Taylor is a Zimbabwean cricket player. Taylor plays for all the cricket formats. Brendan Taylor net worth in 2021 is about from $1 Million – $10 Million.
Brendan Taylor attended school in his hometown Harare, called Lilfordia School. Here he was trained as a cricketer by Iain Campbell.
Brendan Taylor father’s name is Graham Taylor, and his mother’s name is Debbie Taylor.
Brendan Taylor has been in the cricketing world since the age of 15. He was selected in two of the under-19 world cups and played for other national age group teams. He was recognized for scoring a 200 during an age group match. He was playing for the national team of South Africa only by the age of 18 due to his strong performances at the domestic level.
Taylor became one of the most promising and reliable players for Zimbabwe in a time where all the senior cricketers had left the national team, and they had to select amateur players in order to fill the gap. The national team of Zimbabwe had weakened immensely when Taylor was selected to play for the team without even a contract.
He started playing for the national team in 2016. He showed a resilient performance in the ICC World T20 in 2007 against Australia where he took over the role of the wicket keeper. He was filling in the place of Tatenda Taibu, but by 2007 he had returned, and Taylor was no longer in demand for wicket-keeping. In the next One Day International against South Africa, Taylor played his part in making the team score their highest against South Africa in an ODI.
In 2006, against Bangladesh in an ODI, Taylor was highly appreciated for his outstanding performance and role in making Zimbabwe victorious. In 2007, Taylor was in the Netherlands for a club cricket series. In 2010, One Day International, Taylor became the ninth cricketer in the world to stay not out during the entire innings. In the 2011 Cricket World Cup, he was named the captain of his national team. He became the second Zimbabwean captain to have scored a century in the first match with the captaincy. He was also awarded the title of Man of the match due to his 100.
In the 2013 West Indies tour of Zimbabwe, Taylor’s luck was not with him, and his performance stayed dull. In the test cricket, Taylor matured and learned slowly. He started poor but has scored many centuries in the test arena. Taylor made a remarkable performance in the 2015 Cricket World Cup, due to which everyone praised him. He was offered a position as Kolpak, and he agreed to sign himself over to the Nottinghamshire and started representing England’s county club. Later, he announced that he was retiring from cricket when he was released from England’s team. He made a comeback in October 2017 by rejoining Zimbabwe’s national side and was selected in the test team for Zimbabwe.
House, Cars and Bikes Collection
Brendan Taylor lives at his house in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Brendan Taylor Wife
Brendan Taylor is married to Kelly-Anne Readings Taylor. The couple has been blessed by a child whom they named Mason Taylor.
Brendan Taylor Net Worth 2021
Brendan Taylor net worth in 2021 was estimated about from $100K to $10 million.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts About Brendan Taylor
Here are a few interesting and unknown facts about Brendan Taylor which his fans should know about are listed below:
- Brendan Taylor has played in many clubs and leagues. The Chittagong Kings bought him in 2013 for approximately $30,000. In the season of 2013 Bangladesh Premier League, he became one of the highest scoring players of the league while representing Kings. He also was awarded the captaincy after five matches when the previous captain resigned.
- Taylor became the 3rd highest scorer in the Bangladesh Premier League. His performance leads his team to win 4 matches consecutively. This made the Kings qualify for the final, but due to illness, Taylor left, and the Kings ended up losing due to his absence.
- In the 2014 Indian Premier League, he was signed over to Hyderabad Sunrisers for RS. 30,00,000.
- In 2015, he made an announcement that he was retiring from international cricket when he was signed over to the Nottinghamshire to play as a Kolpak player. His contract lasted for three years, and he decided not to renew the contract because of some personal reasons.
- Brendan Taylor has the record of scoring most centuries in a One Day International series. He has been able to score ten centuries and become the highest century scorer for Zimbabwe.
- During an ODI series against New Zealand in October 2011, he made the record of becoming the highest scorer in a three-match One Day International series. He scored 310 runs, but this record was later broken by Martin Guptill in 2013 and again by Babar Azam, who scored a total of 360 runs. Taylor has become the third highest run scorer in a three-match ODI now.
- While playing against Bangladesh in home, Harare, Brendan Taylor made the record of scoring two back to back 100s. He made a record of scoring two centuries in a Test match, becoming the first Zimbabwean cricketer to do this. In the world, he is ranked on number 12 for doing so.
- Brendan Taylor reportedly complained about being paid only AUD 245 for his remarkable performance in the 2015 Cricket World Cup. This was not enough especially comparing his salary to the Australian players who were earning about $5,600 for every single One Day International match.
- Even though the Zimbabwe cricket board had put strict rules on anyone who leaves for a club cricket match will be unnoticed for the national team selection, but Brendan Taylor didn’t pay any heed to this warning and left for the Netherlands and played club cricket in 2007.